More than 60 people participated in #CourageMonth2020 in which Vanessa O’Hanlon led conversations about courage with 6 women in healthcare, business, community, sport, media and fashion.
My favourite quotes from these conversations include:
- Michelle Lock: “It took every ounce of courage not to react.”
- Lisa Gray: “Good leadership cannot exist without courage.”
- Danya Sterling: “It is ok to be scared and courageous.”
- Lisa Alexander: “I gave my students and teams the tools to be the best they could be.”
- Emily Angwin: “Staying true to self builds courage.”
- Arlinda McIntosh: “It’s just what I do (in response to courage being identified in her actions).”
Videos of the each of these conversations follow:
- Pharmaceutical executive Michelle Lock and VFMC CEO Lisa Gray talk to Vanessa O’Hanlon about the courage they have required in their careers, while I explore what others can learn from these lessons in courage here.
- Leading coach Lisa Alexander and the Education Manager from the Big Issue Danya Sterling join Vanessa O’Hanlon and I on the Courage Couch here.
- Journalist Emily Angwin and fashion designer Arlinda McIntosh share their stories of courage on the Courage Couch with Vanessa O’Hanlon and I here.
Additionally, I worked with a group of participants to introduce Brené Brown’s
Dare To Lead™ program; in this workshop, participants identified their call to courage for 2021.
Most importantly, thank you to Vanessa, our courageous host; to all of our courageous story tellers; and to Jack & Geoff, our courageous behind-the-scenes-this-could-not-have-taken-place-without-them team. And to all of you who joined us, thank you.
What a month! Courage certainly is contagious!
Be the courage you want to see in the world (apologies to Gandhi),