Podcasts to have a think about
Courage by Dina Pozzo (@CourageChick) by The Work Well, Live Well Podcast
Reading that has inspired our thinking about courage
- Baldoni, J. (2011). Putting courage into action for others and yourself. Leader to Leader, 59, 24-26.
- Bennett, N. & Lemoine, G.J. (2014). What VUCA really means for you. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from: https://hbr.org/2014/01/what-vuca-really-means-for-you
- Gentry, W.A., Cullen, K.L, Sosik, J.J, Chun, J.U., Leupold, C.R. & Tonidandel, S. (2013). Integrity’s place among the character strengths of middle-level managers and top-level executives. The Leadership Quarterly, 24(3), 395-404.
- Hannah, S.T., Sweeney, P.J. & Lester, P.B., (2007). Toward a courageous mindset: The subjective act and experience of courage. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 2(2), 129-135.
- Jablin, F.M. (2006). Courage and courageous communication among leaders and followers in groups, organizations, and communities. Management Communication Quarterly, 20(1), 94-110.
- Linley, P.A., Nielsen, K.M., Gillett, R. & Biswas-Diener, R. (2010). Using signature strengths in pursuit of goals: Effects on goal progress, need satisfaction, and well-being, and implications for coaching psychologists. International Coaching Psychology Review, 5(1), 6-15
- Miles, R.H. (2010). Accelerating corporate transformations (Don’t lose your nerve!) Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from: https://hbr.org/2010/01/accelerating-corporate-transformations-dont-lose-your-nerve
- Norton, P. J., & Weiss, B. J. (2009). The role of courage on behavioral approach in a fear-eliciting situation: A proof- of-concept pilot study. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 23, 212–217.
- Palanski, M.E., Cullen, K.L, Gentry, W.A. & Nichols, C.M. (2015). Virtuous leadership: Exploring the effects of leader courage and behavioral integrity on leader performance and image. Journal of Business Ethics, 132(2), 297-310.
- Pury, C.L.S., Starkey, C.B., Breeden, C.R., Kelley, C.L., Murphy, H.J. & Lowndes, A.Y. (2014). Courage interventions: Future directions and cautions. In A.C. Parks & S.M. Schueller (Eds.), The Wiley Blackwell Handbook of Positive Psychological interventions (pp. 273-285). UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Pury, C.L.S., Starkey, C.B., Kulik, R.E., Skjerning, K.L. & Sullivan, E.A. (2015). Is courage always a virtue: Suicide, killing, and bad courage. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 10(5), 383-388.Pury, C.L.S., Starkey, C.B., Kulik, R.E., Skjerning, K.L. & Sullivan, E.A. (2015). Is courage always a virtue: Suicide, killing, and bad courage. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 10(5), 383-388.
- Rate, C. R., Clarke, J. A., Lindsay, D. R., & Sternberg, R. J. (2007). Implicit theories of courage. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 2(2) 80–98.
- Reardon, K.K. (2007). Courage as a skill. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from: https://hbr.org/2007/01/courage-as-a-skill
- Worline, M.C. (2012). Courage in organizations – An integrative review of the “difficult virtue.” In K.S. Cameron & G.M. Spreitzer (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship (pp. 304-315). USA: Oxford University Press
- Biswas-Diener, R. H. (2012). The Courage Quotient. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Brown, B. (2010). The Gifts of Imperfection. Minnesota: Hazelden Publishing.
- Brown, B. (2012). Daring Greatly. England: Penguin Books Ltd.
- Brown, B. (2015). Rising Strong. UK: Penguin Random House.
- Brown, B. (2017). Braving the Wilderness. UK: Penguin Random House.
- Brown, B. (2018). Dare To Lead. UK: Penguin Random House.
- Cameron, K. (2012). Positive leadership: Strategies for extraordinary performance (2nd Edition). San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
- Craig, N. (2018). Leading from Purpose. New York: Hachette Books.
- Peterson, C. & Seligman, M.E.P (2004). Character strengths and virtues – A handbook and classification. New York: Oxford University Press.