(1 minute read, plus 2 minute video)
At the beginning of every year, I look forward to finding out what we, as a common humanity, googled the most in the previous year by searching Google Year in Search 2017.
With all that we experienced on our earth in 2017, we googled “How …?” the most.
- How many refugees in the world?
- How do hurricanes form?
- How to calm a dog during a storm?
- How to make a protest sign?
- How to run for office?
- How to make a difference?
And in response, humanity around our world courageously stepped up with responses and actions such as:
- Are you ready to shake up the world?
- “It takes an act of love to realise we are all in this together, and an act of courage to demand better, to dream bigger and to fight for a more inclusive and just world.” Jagmeet Singh, New Democratic Party, Canada
- Sharing the emotional beauty of an eclipse
The question was also asked, How to be a superhero? My personal response – know that everyday people, each of us, has the courage within to be a superhero. Each of has the ability to push forward and to be the difference for the world we want to live in.
But, I do think that Lena Waithe’s (Emmy Writing Award in 2017) response is best – “The things that make us different, those are superpowers. Go out there and conquer the world because the world would not be as beautiful as it is if you weren’t in it.
Here’s to a year of our best, authentic, courageous, beautiful humanity on earth.