A third area of focus of insium’s Workplace Courage Questionnaire (wCQ) is Accountability.
insium’s wCQ identified that the 3 workplace situations associated with accountability, in which the majority of people are willing to be courageous and act are:
- Holding myself accountable
- Upholding diversity & inclusion
- Admitting mistakes
However, we are also least likely to take action to:
- Manage destructive conflict
- Hold others to account
- Admit that we can’t do a task
Are these results true for you? For your workplace?
You can find the full report here:
We shared these results at #courage2021 which was proudly delivered by insium and the c word. At #courage2021, in addition to courage and accountability, we explored authentic self and courageous conversations with 3 key guest speakers. Recordings of each session will be made available soon.
We’re keen to build courageous leaders and courageous cultures. Please reach out if you would like to discuss.
Be the courage you wish to see in the world (apologies to Mahatma Gandhi),
October 28, 2021
Earlier today, we held our second “Dare to Discover” Zoom presentation, where we shared further data from insium’s Workplace Courage Questionnaire, focusing on Workplace Conversations.
In brief, the 3 workplace conversations that respondents consider to be most worthwhile are:
- Managing customer expectations
- Speaking up against unsafe work practices
- Speaking up in the presence of workplace bullying
The 3 workplace conversations that need attention are:
- Having a difficult conversation
- Delivering a difficult message regarding workplace change
- Giving feedback to a more senior colleague
You can find the full report here and a recording of the presentation, including the Q&A, follows:
We also shared some of our recently developed work:
- “The 3Cs of Workplace Conversations” (above)
- insium’s “Courageous Conversations” workshop with tools to help stay in courageous rather than tipping into comfortable or confrontational. Further information about our workshop can be found here.
Thank you to all who participated; the discussion was energising.
We’re keen to build courageous leaders and cultures. Now that you know, what will you do?
We dare you …
Dina & Geoff
July 20, 2021
In February, insium held its first “Dare to Discover” Zoom presentation, where we shared data from insium’s Workplace Courage Questionnaire. This session focused on workplace situations associated with Authentic Self.
In brief; the data revealed 3 paradoxes:
- Whilst 9 in 10 people state that they are willing to be authentic, only 5 in 10 are willing to be vulnerable. Vulnerability is the source of authenticity.
- 8 in 10 people are willing to be true to their personal values and yet only 6 in 10 people are willing to maintain balance when conflicting priorities get in the way. Living our values help us understand our balance or imbalance.
- 8 in 10 people say that are willing to share their strengths with others … but are they? Australia is known for its egalitarian culture, one that “cuts the tall poppy down” just to remind you to be humble and modest.
Thank you to all who participated.
Remember: the difference between knowing and doing is courage.
We dare you …
Dina & Geoff
February 23, 2021