(1 minute read plus reflection.)
Happy new year! We hope that the start of 2019 has already been filled with experiences that have brought you happiness and connection.
As we head further into 2019, we will continue to publish new courage interviews and blogs. As we head into 2019 and consider what we want to achieve, I thought this might be an opportunity to take time and reflect on our past interviews. In reading some or all of the interviews, you might like to consider some of the following questions:
- What similarities and/or differences have you noticed in perspectives about courage? How have these perspectives shifted your perspective?
- What do you admire about the courageous acts of the interviewees?
- What questions have these interviews raised for you?
- Which stories have connected with you most strongly? Why is this?
- How have these stories of courage inspired you?
- When you think of what you would like to achieve in 2019, how can courage enable you?
As you continue to read these interviews:
- Are you noticing more courageous acts? In yourself? In others? Are you becoming a “courage spotter”?
- How often are you recognising and congratulating others when you do notice their courageous acts? How are you celebrating and savouring your own courageous acts?
We know that in reflecting on our own stories of courage, we are inspired to be more courageous. We know that in hearing the courageous stories of others, we are inspired to be more courageous.
We would love to hear more stories of courageous acts and share these wide and far. Might you like to contribute and share your story? Might you suggest to someone else that they share theirs? We would be grateful and honoured to hear from you.
Remember, “we all have courage within … we just need a light shone on it.”