A reflection exercise for you:
Consider Brené Brown’s quote:
“A leader is anyone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes, and who has the courage to develop that potential.”
- How seriously do you take this responsibility?
- How willing are you to take this responsibility?
- Who and/or what has enabled you to have the courage to take this responsibility?
- What risks – to you, your team, your organisation – are associated with taking on this responsibility?
- What barriers and/or mistakes have you encountered along the way? What have you learnt along the way?
- What outcomes have you achieved as a result of stepping into this courageous leadership role? How does this make you feel?
- What outcomes have others achieved by your stepping into this role? How does this make you feel?
- How worthwhile is this role – for you, your team members, your organisation?
- If there was one piece of advice you have for leaders about to embark on this courageous act, what would that be?
If you would like to share some/all of your reflections, we’re keen to listen and to learn with you.